On August 11-12 of this year, an expanded meeting of the Board of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics dedicated to the results of the II quarter of 2020 was held via remote video communication.
The event was attended by the leadership of the State Statistics Committee, employees of the central office and heads of regional statistical offices.
The meeting discussed the results of the work carried out by the state statistics bodies for the II quarter of 2020 and further priorities for the implementation of tasks to improve the statistical system, provided for by regulatory acts approved by the President and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In accordance with the agenda, the meeting of the Board was opened by the Chairman of the State Committee on Statistics Begalov Bakhodir Abdusalomovich and spoke about the effectiveness of measures taken by the state statistics bodies to implement the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On measures to further improve and develop the national system of statistics of the Republic of Uzbekistan" approval and implementation of the “National Strategy for the Development of Statistics for 2020–2025”. In particular, in accordance with the regulation:
- The State Committee on Statistics exercises its powers related to the formation of official statistics, regardless of all state bodies and organizations;
- departments of statistics of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and the city of Tashkent, as well as departments of statistics of districts (cities) are independent from local government bodies and are directly subordinate to the State Committee on Statistics;
- the National Strategy for the Development of Statistics of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2020 - 2025, developed with the assistance of the World Bank, was approved;
- approved the "Roadmap" for the implementation of the National Strategy for the Development of Statistics of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2020 - 2025;
- And also, the State Statistics Committee has been allocated 65 additional staff units (central office - 17 staff units, territorial departments - 48 staff units) for organizing and conducting the census processes;
The event also considered the effectiveness of the work being carried out to fulfill the tasks assigned to the state statistics bodies in the documents and instructions of the President and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as the implementation of the "Program of state statistical work for 2020"
During the videoconference, information was provided on the work done to implement the Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On further measures to ensure the independence of the media and the development of the activities of the press services of state bodies and organizations."
At the same time, at the meeting of the Board, instructions were given on the work carried out within the framework of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On approval of the concept of conducting a population census in the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2022" dated February 5, 2019 and on ensuring the implementation of the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On the population census" ...
Following the meeting of the Board, issues of organizational issues and executive discipline were considered. It was also decided to take appropriate measures in relation to employees who did not fulfill their duties in a timely manner and to reward employees who have roughly adjusted work.