On June 22, 2020, the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics, with the support of the World Bank, held a webinar on "Building the capacity of the open data Working group".
The webinar included presentations on open data solutions to combat the global pandemic and actions taken in Uzbekistan, as well as masterclasses on personalization and anonymization.
World Bank experts spoke with representatives of various government agencies, the private sector and academia about open data and how data affects and creates economic opportunities for States. Experts spoke about the prospects of the government, the private sector, science and academia, as well as entrepreneurship in Uzbekistan.
Welcoming speeches were made by Akrom Sultanov, Head of the Monitoring and Coordination Department of the Open Data Portal of the Republic of Uzbekistan; Oleg Petrov, World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist; Saida Yusupova, Regional Ambassador for Innovation, World Bank Consultant.
The following experts presented their reports:
- Vlad Manoil, chief specialist of the e-government Agency, adviser to the World Bank
- Ivan Fost, expert on data from the analytical center of the government of the Russian Federation
- Yury Linkov, Director of the digital economy Bureau
- Stela Leuca, World Bank consultant
- Victoriya Babakhodjaeva, World Bank consultant
- Khushnud Sapaev, World Bank consultant
After the discussion, participants had the opportunity to participate in seminars on such topical topics as "Data Depersonalization" and "Metadata for open data". It also provides information about methods that can be used to anonymize data and how to use metadata to simplify working with open data.