Full name - State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics,
Abbreviated name - The State Committee on Statistics;
In the state language:
Full name - O‘zbekiston Respublikasi Davlat statistika qo‘mitasi,
Abbreviated name - Davlat statistika qo‘mitasi;
Full name - Государственный комитет Республики Узбекистан по статистике,
Abbreviated name - Госкомстат.
- ensures an observance of principles of state statistics and unity of statistical methodology and its correspondence with the international standards and rules;
determines priority directions of state statistics development, and provides scientific - methodological, organizational, technical, personnel, and financial support;
develops and approves the statistical observation programs, ensures their effective realization, processing, accumulation, maintenance and distribution of the statistical information;
- develops and approves in prescribed order forms of the state statistical reporting and filling instructions and coordinates the forms of the departmental statistical reporting;
- forms an information system of statistical indices for comprehensive analysis of republican and regional social and economic processes;
- carries out preliminary statistical analysis of major economic and social processes and events;
- in prescribed order provides users with information on nation-wide classifiers and their changes and updates;
- ensures a further development of the Uniform State Register of Enterprises and Organizations provided that it serves as a main methodological mechanism ensuring a completeness of reporting and registration of all undertakings and compatibility of informational resources;
- develops, coordinates and presents in prescribed order the drafts of normative - legal acts concerning statistics, as well as creation and maintaining state information systems and resources.
- The State committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on statistics was established in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated December 24, 2002 №DP-3183 “On the reorganization of the Ministry of Macroeconomics and Statistics of the Republic of Uzbekistan”.
- The organizational structure of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics was approved by the Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated July 31, 2017 №RP-3165 “On measures to improve the activities of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics” and the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated September 2, 2017 №690 “On approval of the Regulations on the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics”.
- Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated April 9, 2019 №RP-4273 “On additional measures to ensure openness and transparency of public administration, as well as increasing the statistical potential of the country”.
- Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated March 16, 2020 №LRU-611 “On the population census”
- Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated August 3, 2020 №RP-4796 “On measures to further improve and develop the national system of statistics of the Republic of Uzbekistan”.
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated November 6, 2020 № 690 “On measures to further improve the activities of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on statistics”.
In accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated September 2, 2017 No. 690 “On approval of the regulation on the State committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics”, the main tasks of the State committee on statistics are:
- development and implementation of a unified state policy in the field of official statistics, providing an effective system for organizing official statistics;
- coordination and functional regulation of official statistics;
- development, approval and implementation of a unified statistical methodology and forms of state statistical observations in accordance with international standards; collect, process, compile, store, summarize, analyze and publish statistical information on socio-economic and demographic events, processes and their results; provision of statistical information to government bodies, legal entities, international organizations and the public in accordance with the established procedure;
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a system of economic and statistical classifications necessary for maintaining the Unified State Register of Enterprises and Organizations, organizing statistical work;
- development of information and communication technologies in the system of state statistics, ensuring free access for users to a wide range of indicators that fully characterize the development of the republic and more fully reveal the qualitative changes in the development of industries and sectors of the economy, as well as in the standard of living of the population;
- Further improvement of the methods and forms of work of the central office of the State Statistics Committee and its structural divisions, timely response to citizens' appeals, increasing the responsibility of employees for the timely and high-quality performance of assigned tasks;
- organization and implementation of registration processes.
- further adaptation of the system of statistical observations to generally accepted international practice through the widespread introduction of modern methodologies and methods for collecting and processing statistical data aimed at expanding the coverage of the studied socio-economic processes at the macroeconomic, sectoral and regional levels;
- ensuring maximum transparency and openness of statistical information for a wide range of domestic and foreign users, expanding cooperation with international statistical organizations, including publication of materials and indicators of the socio-economic development of the republic in international statistical compilations;
- timely and high-quality preparation of statistical information that most fully characterizes the development of industries and spheres of the national economy and territories, the implementation of adopted programs to deepen the reform and liberalization of the economy, modernization and technological re-equipment of production,
- advanced processing of raw materials, the comprehensive development of the regions of the republic, qualitative changes in the level life of the population;
widespread introduction of modern information and communication technologies for the collection, processing, transmission and dissemination of statistical data, deepening the level of automation of the processes of working with statistical data, the formation of a single bank of statistical data;
- strengthening the analytical capacity of statistical authorities with ensuring the introduction into statistical publications of advanced methods for visualizing indicators and compulsory accompaniment of disseminated statistical data with analytical and reference materials, publication of reports, press releases and articles for publication in the media;
- strengthening the coordinating role of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on statistics in the preparation of objective, high-quality and relevant reporting data by optimizing the system of state and departmental statistical reports, gradually increasing the number and increasing the reliability of the results of sample statistical surveys;
- organization on a systematic basis of work on the training, retraining and advanced training of specialists in the field of statistics in cooperation with scientific and educational institutions of the country and foreign statistical organizations.
Click to listen highlighted text!