On April 2, 2021, a seminar was held at the Hyatt Regency Tashkent hotel on the topic "Practical significance and prospects for the development of an open data ecosystem in Uzbekistan", which was organized by the State Committee on Statistics and the Technological Park of Software Products and Information Technologies ("IT Park Uzbekistan"), the Coordinator the OSCE project in Uzbekistan.
At the same time, the participants of the hackathon were invited to this seminar, within the framework of which the official ceremony of awarding the winners of the hackathon “Open Data Challenge” was held, as well as speeches by representatives of government bodies, a workshop for start-up projects on open data. In addition, the participants were informed about the upcoming acceleration program "Open Data Challenge Acceleration".
During the event, further plans were considered to promote the practical application of open data, the development of a new version of the Open Data Portal of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the launch of an acceleration program for start-up projects on open data, the practical implementation of the principles of the International Charter of Open Data.
The event was attended by:
- Ambassador John McGregor, OSCE Project Coordinator in Uzbekistan
- Farkhod Ibragimov, Director of the Technology Park of Software Products and Information Technologies ("IT Park Uzbekistan")
- Akrom Sultanov, Representative of the Executive Committee of the International Open Data Charter
- Doniyor Maksumov, Head of the Department of the E-Government Project Management Center - " Development of a new version of the Open Data Portal of Uzbekistan»
- Anastasia Filippova, Head of the Digital Transformation Department – “Launch of the Open Data Startup Project Acceleration Program”
- Ruslan Yuldashev, Technical Director and Co-founder of MODME LLC”
The workshop ended with a workshop for open data start-up projects participating in the acceleration program.